The concept of Pediatric Physical Therapy does not refer to "Physical Therapy" applied to a child. Pediatric Physical Therapy is a specialized training, very different from other specializations of Physical Therapy.
The Code of Ethics of the Pediatric Physiotherapist, defines it as the discipline that is responsible for the "advice, treatment and care of those children who have a general delay in their development or movement disorders or other diseases or disorders that can be healed, controlled or alleviated by expert physiotherapists and / or the use of specialized equipment.
In Fisicsalud we also have professionals specialized in osteopathy, which allows us to expand our therapeutic resources with the little ones from birth.
APPLICATIONS OF PHYSIOTHERAPY and PEDIATRIC OSTEOPATHY
Acute and chronic conditions of children that include:
- Neurological pathologies or dysfunctions: cerebral palsy, spina bifida, neuromuscular diseases, cranioencephalic traumas, obstetric brachial palsy, coordination disorders, .....
- Digestive pathology: infant colic or gas, gastroesophageal reflux, constipation, intestinal dysbiosis...
- Traumatological pathologies or alterations: deformational plagiocephaly, platybasia, congenital torticollis, hip dislocation, arthrogryposis, osteogenesis imperfecta, clubfoot.... Postural problems, Scoliosis, kyphoscoliosis.
- Rheumatologic pathologies: Juvenile Rheumatologic Arthritis,....
- Respiratory pathologies or dysfunctions and OTR: Otitis (of repetition), Bronchiolitis, Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis....
- Congenital syndromes with multiple alterations or dysfunctions: Down Syndrome, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Apert Syndrome, Rett Syndrome, Angelman Syndrome,....
GROUP OF INFANTILE POPULATION SUSCEPTIBLE TO ALTERATIONS:
- Premature, underweight.
- Hypotonias, (low muscle tone, lack of postural control).
- Idiopathic psychomotor retardation.
GROUPS OF INTEREST:
- Future parents (from physiotherapy and osteopathy): pregnancy counseling, peripartum preparation, which provides information and facilitates the understanding of a normal development and movement of your child.
- Early childhood and schooling (primary): in order to prevent morphological alterations resulting from bad posture, sedentary lifestyle, and promote physical activity. Good habits (alimentary and physical), which require a correct and updated educational action.
SERVICES WHERE YOU CAN FIND A PEDIATRIC PHYSIOTHERAPIST:
- The Rehabilitation Services of Hospitals or Primary Care Centers (0 to 18 years).
- Child Development and Early Attention Centers (CDIAT) or Child Development and Early Attention Centers (CDIAP) (from 0 to 2 years old).
- Special Education Centers and Regular Education Centers (from 3 to 18 years old).
- Private centers and clinics.
- Home (arranged with their parents).